As some of you may know, I have been a livelong baseball player, since about 2, and a Rangers fan since day one. I take pride in knowing that I have stood by them at their best, and worst. Therefore, I think my choice of Rangers speaks for itself. The Mariners, on the the other hand, have always kind of been an underdog in my eyes, and I feel like they are similar to the Rangers. Plus, I really like the city of Seattle, so that can't hurt.

As for teams I despise, Yankees (sorry Jessie) top the list. The way they have handled the Rangers in their playoff appearances has forever made them my enemy, and a rival (although Joel Stabile, to this day will still claim "the Rangers and Yankees is not a rivalry) of my beloved Rangers). True, the Yankees fans might not see it this way, but to all the Rangers fans who have been wronged by the boys in pinstripes, we hold a grudge.

Other baseball thoughts of note:

1. I like the idea of the National League better than the American League, as I was once a pitcher who wanted to bat. However, there are no National League teams I am interested in following.

2. I wish it was possible to vote for Commish, because I would campaign for Cal Ripken, Jr.

3. I love Ichiro, but apparently, two WBCs ago, he said some things about South Korea still being "a colony" of Japan, and therefore I find no Ichiro fans around me.


And to start off with a bang and deliver the latest offseason news of the Rangers (latest being 5 days ago): Rudy Jaramillio, who has spent the last 15 of his 19 years as the Rangers' batting coach, has turned down a 1 year offer for 2010, and will not be returning in any capacity. Jaramillo cites this as a "once in a lifetime" opportunity to test the market and see "where he stands in the game." Rudy has long been a Rangers institution, and many fans regard him, and only him, as fully responsible for the Rangers hitting successes over the past decade.
Current outfield/first base coach Gary Pettis is just one named being tossed around as a possible replacement for Jaramillo.

1 comments:

The Ticket reported today that the Cubs are apparently interested in Jaramillo, 800,000/year,5 years.

October 20, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home